World Homoeopathy Day: 8th April
The World Homoeopathy Day is observed to commemorate the birth anniversary of the founder of Homoeopathy, Dr. Christian Fredrich Samuel Hahnemann. Also known as the
- Father of Homeopathy
- Father of Human Pharmacology
- Father of Nano Medicine
- Father of Infinite Dilution concept in Chemistry
- Homeopathy is a medical system based on the belief that the body can cure itself. Those who practice it use tiny amounts of natural substances, like plants and minerals. They believe these stimulate the healing process. It’s an alternative medicinal practice that uses the smallest possible amount of an active ingredient in order to help treat or cure a disease, even if this same ingredient can contribute to an illness in the first place. Another way to put this concept: “like cures like”!
- This practice helps stimulate the immune system and the body’s natural ability to heal – that which a substance is capable of causing, it is also capable of curing.
National Commission for Homoeopathy
- The Commission shall consist of the following persons, namely: –(a) a chairperson; (b) seven ex officio Members; and (c) nineteen part-time Members.
- Functions of the National Commission for Homoeopathy:
- Framing policies for regulating medical institutions and homoeopathic medical professionals.
- Assessing the requirements of healthcare related human resources and infrastructure.
About the National Commission for Homoeopathy (NCH) Act, 2020
- The NCH, Act, 2020 come in to force w.e.f. 5th July 2021 after repealing the Homoeopathy Central Council Act, 1973 and applies to whole of India.
- The 2020 Act replaced the Council with a National Commission of Homoeopathy for regulating homoeopathic education and practice.
- The Act is having the provision for having interface between Homoeopathy, Indian system of Medicine and Modern system of Medicine to promote medical pluralism.
- It also provides provision for the State Government to take necessary measures to address various issues related to health including promotion of public health through Homoeopathy.