Indian Polity & Constitution, Social Issues
- GS-1: Role of women and women’s organization, population and associated issues
- GS-2: Mechanisms, laws, institutions and Bodies constituted for the protection and betterment of these vulnerable sections.
Context: In a significant order, the Supreme Court has issued a slew of directions concerning rehabilitation measures of sex workers.
- With the Trafficking of Persons (Prevention, Protection and Rehabilitation) Bill yet to see the light of day, the Court invoked powers under Article 142 to issue guidelines till the legislation is in force.
- The directions were based on recommendations made by a panel appointed by the court in 2011 on the rehabilitation of sex workers.
- The panel was asked to study and make suitable suggestions on prevention of trafficking, rehabilitation of sex workers who wish to leave sex work and to create conducive conditions for sex workers to live with dignity in accordance with the provisions of Article 21.
DOWNLOAD MIND MAP – CLICK HERE
For a dedicated peer group, Motivation & Quick updates, Join our official telegram channel – https://t.me/IASbabaOfficialAccount
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel HERE to watch Explainer Videos, Strategy Sessions, Toppers Talks & many more…