- GS-3: Agriculture and related issues
- GS-2: Government policies and interventions for development in various sectors and issues arising out of their design and implementation.
Context: The agricultural sector is expansive and is constantly advancing. Moreover, with climate-resilient technology picking up in developing economies to yield higher productivity under climate variables, the sector is constantly in the churn.
- In the Indian context, there are immense improvements in irrigation systems and fertilizers, and that is raising the bar in crop cultivation and production.
- India has received a promising investment of $1.6 billion for agri-tech till 2021.
- Tech startups in the sector saw a 300% jump in total funding in the last 2 years.
Main Practice Question: Why is it pertinent today to incorporate technology in today’s agriculture? Elaborate with few examples.
Note: Write answers to this question in the comment section.