- GS-1: Society (Women & Children)
- GS-2: Welfare schemes for vulnerable sections of the population by the Centre and States and the performance of these schemes; mechanisms, laws, institutions and Bodies constituted for the protection and betterment of these vulnerable sections.
- GS-3: Economy and issues relating to planning, mobilization, of resources, growth, development and employment.
Context: Empowerment and protection of women and children, and ensuring their wholesome development is crucial for sustainable and equitable development of the country.
- Various measures have been taken by Ministry of Women and Child Development to promote social and economic empowerment of women through
- cross-cutting policies and programmes
- mainstreaming gender concerns
- creating awareness about their rights
- facilitating institutional and legislative support for women
- Similarly, safe and secure childhood has also been ensured to our children through cross-cutting policies and programmes, spreading awareness about their rights and facilitating access to learning, nutrition, institutional and legislative support.
Main Practice Question: Empowerment and protection of women and children, and ensuring their wholesome development is crucial for sustainable and equitable development of the country. Discuss.
Note: Write answer his question in the comment section.