“Independence can be meaningful only if it becomes an instrument for the expression of our culture.” What do you understand by this quote? Explain.
“आजादी तभी सार्थक हो सकती है जब वह हमारी संस्कृति की अभिव्यक्ति का साधन बने।” इस उद्धरण से आप क्या समझते हैं? व्याख्या कीजिए।
Candidates can start the answer with highlighting recent exchange of words between executive and judiciary and then write about issues and share the views on existing system.
All nationalist political parties and freedom fighters had a single aim, to get independence and to drive the British away. But what independence means and how we are going to develop our country and our people, are the most important issues. In this light, Deendayal Upadhyaya made this famous quote.
Independence and expression of our culture:
- As per Pandit Deendayal Bhartiya cultures main feature is that it views life as an integrated whole, as against the Western culture, where life is treated as various parts which are mended together.
- Deendayal Upadhyaya firmly advocated that “one culture policy” is this policy that can preserve the unity and integrity of India and can solve all our problems. The base of our culture is diversity and plurality.
- Deendayal emphasized Independence is closely related to one’s own culture. What one means by independence is being dependent on one’s traditions, religion, life style, behaviour, history, principles etc.
- So, independence must give freedom for each person to express his/her culture. It shouldn’t be curtailed. Only then, independence of India will contribute to our progress in future.
- Build a culture like any thing is to unleash creativity and invention the first step in innovation. For creation and innovation, Independence should be emphasized and developed before creativity, because the one is an enabling condition of the other.
- Folks should not be forced by the government or by any other agencies to follow a culture. So, independence must give freedom for each person to express his/her culture. It shouldn’t be curtailed. Only then, independence of India will contribute to our progress in future.
- Certain cultural practices may not be useful in later phases of a country. Forcing to stick to the old culture/ traditions and not being adaptive is a loss of cultural independence.
- Independence can be summarized as the amalgamation of all the elements that create what we are at a given point of time. Not being able to adapt ourselves like this is a loss of cultural independence.
Expression of any culture must restrain:
- Fake news spreading false news implicating anyone in violent activities.
- In the era of developing thoughts and new culture, it is rather difficult to identify and classify any content as obscene or indecent.
- Several secessionist groups and anti-state elements use this right as a free pass to spread their rebellious ideas among people and cause disruption
Cultural values of life which are the source result as well as measure of our national life and are also extremely valuable for the entire world. To acquaint the world with this culture should be our supreme national goal.