In News: Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched the government’s Aspirational Block Programme (ABP), The ABP was launched during the 2nd National Conference of Chief Secretaries
Aspirational Block Programme (ABP):
- Improving performance of blocks lagging on various development parameters.
- Development of both physical and social infrastructure along with a focus on the enhancement of cyber security.
- The Aspirational Blocks Programme is on the lines of the Aspirational District Programme.
- It was announced in the Union Budget 2022-23.
- The programme will cover 500 districts across 31 states and Union Territories initially.
- Over half of these blocks are in 6 states—Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Madhya Pradesh, Jharkhand, Odisha and West Bengal.
Aspirational District Programme (ADP):
- Launched in 2018
- It aims to quickly and effectively transform 112 most under-developed districts across the country.
- The program is anchored by NITI Aayog at the Government of India level.
- The broad contours of the programme are Convergence (of Central & State Schemes), Collaboration (of Central, State level Nodal Officers & District Collectors), and Competition among districts through monthly delta ranking; all driven by a mass movement.
- With States as the main drivers, this program focuses on the strength of each district, identifying low-hanging fruits for immediate improvement and measuring progress by ranking districts on a monthly basis.
- The ranking is based on the incremental progress made across 49 Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) under 5 broad socio-economic themes – Health & Nutrition, Education, Agriculture & Water Resources, Financial Inclusion & Skill Development and Infrastructure.
- Champions of Change Dashboard is used for rankings.
- The Government is committed to raising the living standards of its citizens and ensuring inclusive growth for all – “Sabka Saath Sabka Vikas aur Sabka Vishwas”.
- The Aspirational Districts Programme essentially is aimed at localizing Sustainable Development Goals, leading to the progress of the nation.
Source: Indian express
Previous Year Question
Q.1) The endeavour of ‘Janani Suraksha Yojana’ Programme is (2012)
- to promote institutional deliveries
- to provide monetary assistance to the mother to meet the cost of delivery.
- to provide for wage loss due to pregnancy and confinement
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
- 1 and 2 only
- 2 only
- 3 only
- 1, 2 and 3