Context: To enhance functional autonomy, efficiency and unleash new growth potential and innovation in Ordnance Factories, the Government of India has decided to convert the production units of Ordnance Factory Board into 7 Defence Public Sector Undertakings.
- It is an umbrella body for the ordnance factories and related institutions and is currently a subordinate office of the Ministry of Defence (MoD).
- It consists of 41 factories, 9 Training Institutes, 3 regional marketing centres and 5 regional controllers of safety.
- Headquarters: Kolkata
- Significance: A major chunk of the weapon, ammunition and supplies for not just armed forces but also paramilitary and police forces comes from the OFB-run factories.
- Production: Production includes Civilian and military-grade arms and ammunition, explosives, propellants and chemicals for missile systems, military vehicles, armored vehicles, optical devices, parachutes, support equipment, troop clothing and general store items.
Previous Year Question
Q.1) With reference to visible light communication (VLC) technology, which of the following statements are correct? (2022)
- VLC uses electromagnetic spectrum wavelengths 375 to 780nm
- VLC is known as long-range optical wireless communication
- VLC can transmit large amounts of data faster than Bluetooth
- VLC has no electromagnetic interference
Select the correct answer using the code given below
- 1, 2 and 3 only
- 1, 2 and 4 only
- 1, 3 and 4 only
- 2, 3 and 4 only
For a dedicated peer group, Motivation & Quick updates, Join our official telegram channel – https://t.me/IASbabaOfficialAccount
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel HERE to watch Explainer Videos, Strategy Sessions, Toppers Talks & many more…