QuamiEkta Week to be observed from 19th to 25th Nov,2015
To spread message of Communal Harmony and National Integration- Faith in the values of Tolerance, co-existence and brotherhood in a multi – cultural and multi- religious society.
The week long programme during QuamiEkta Week will be as under-
- National Integration Day (19 November, 2015): To emphasize themes of secularism, anti – communalism and non – violence.
- Welfare of Minorities Day (20 Nov, 2015): Emphasise on welfare of Minorities and their development.
- Linguistic Harmony Day (21 Nov, 2015): To appreciate linguistic heritage with programme like special literacy functions and KaviSamellans
- Weaker Section Day (22 Nov, 2015): With meetings and rally to highlight programmes with emphasis on the distribution of surplus land to landless labourers.
- Women’s Day (24 Nov, 2015): With emphasise on role of women in Nations Development.Culture and Unity Day (23 Nov, 2015): To promote cultural conservation and integration.
- Conversation Day (25 Nov, 2015): With emphasise on conversation and awareness towards environment.
(GS 2: Government policies and Interventions)
Governing Council Constituted to Oversee the Activities of the National Investment and Infrastructure Fund (NIIF) under the chairmanship of Finance Minister
To maximise the economic impact through infrastructure development in commercial viable projects (Greenfield and Brownfield)
To attract investment from both domestic and international sources
Registered under the Provisions of Indian Trusts Act, 1882
The mandate of the Governing Council includes the approval of-
- Guidelines for Investment of Trust property/Corpus of NIIF
- Parameters for appointment and performance of investment managers/advisors
- Any other matter related or incidental thereto.
(GS 2: Transparency and accountability, e-governance)
Central Board of Direct Tax (CBDT) to set-up a ‘Taxpayers Lounge’ at the Indian International Trade Fair-2015
Income Tax Department
- To generate awareness in the public about the various taxpayer-friendly initiatives taken by the Department
- To provide tax payers services including e-filling of returns, viewing of tax credit through 26AS, application of PAN and services of Tax Return Preparers
- To highlight contribution of taxes and the Income Tax Department in Nation building
- To showcase the service delivered by AyakarSevaKendras (ASK)
- Activities such as NukkadNatak , Drawing Competition and Quiz Contest will be carried out to engage with school children and youth who are future tax payers.
Dr.Jitender Singh to inaugurate workshop on discontinuation of Interview for recruitment to the junior-level posts in the Government
Discontinuation of Interview: To curb corruption
Objective of the workshop:
- To ensure more objective selection in a transparent manner
- To substantially ease the problems of the poor and resource less aspirants
- It will give more weightage to merit base selection.
It supplements the government’s resolve for “Maximum Governance, Minimum Government.
- The Chief Ministers of different states have been requested to involve PSC and recruiting agencies in their respective states where interview can be discontinued and selection can be done through examination.
- The DoPT and Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances (DAR & PG) and the Department of Pensions and Pensioners Welfare have undertaken abolition of attestation of certificates and instead, introduced self-attestation of certificate.
- Introduction of pension portal to abolish the requirement for a written life-certificate and decision to revisit and revise the pattern and syllabus of Civil Service Examination
(GS3: Defence and implementation of new policy)
Defence Minister Launches Army Cloud, Data Centre and Digi locker for the Indian Army.
- Part of Digital Army Programme.
- It will have faster Documentation, Information and speedy delivery of services
Information Technology Infrastructure Development
- Broadband highway,
- Universal access to Telephone and
- Army Data Network
E – Governance
Electronic Delivery of services to all units and formation headquarters
- Army Cloud includes a Central Data Centre, Near Line Data Centre, both in Delhi and a Disaster Recovery
- Replication of its critical data along with virtualised services
- It is similar to Meghraj; the Cloud of National Informatics Centre (NIC)
- Provides Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) to pan Army Users as the first Cloud Services.
- It also will provide Software as a Service (SaaS) soon.
- Provide secure and exclusive data storage to all its units
- Similar to e- locker of Digital India Programme
- Advanced features: Digital signature + Watermarking
- User: Store, Share and Access the data from anywhere anytime on the Army Data Network.
(GS3: Disaster and Risk Management)
Implementation of ‘Sendai’ Framework for Disaster Risk Reduction
- To prepare a regional roadmap for disaster risk reduction for the Asian region
- To discuss substantive issues related to the implementation of the Sendai framework at the regional, national and local level
- South Korea,
- Asia Ministerial Conference on Disaster Risk Reduction (AMCDRR) jointly organized by different Asian Countries and the United Nations office for Disaster Risk Reduction (UNISDR)
- AMCDRR serves as a for other stakeholders to take a shared responsibilities and takes actionable commitments towards implementation of Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR)
Sendai Framework includes:
- Adopting integrated and inclusive institutional measures so as to work towards –
- Preventing renewability to disaster
- Increase preparedness for Response
- Recovery and
- Strengthen Resilience
- Shift from stand alone disaster management or risk management to more holistic Risk Resilient development practice.
- Shift from risk management to disaster risk resilient development requires support of regional and international co-operation- Need to be incorporated in the architecture and thinking of the regional platforms
(GS 3: Environment and food security)
Comprehensive Agriculture Research based on Geographical Condition and Climatic changes to ensure Food Security in the Country
- Gain wider consultation and a holistic view onthe subject
- Invite memoranda containing views and suggestions of experts, individuals, institutions, organisation and other stake holders interested with the subject matter on the issues
- Evolve improved methods of irrigation
- Popularise consumption of crops/fruits that can provide better nutrition
- To develop indigenous varieties of cattle that can withstand extreme climatic stress
- To develop system for Precision Horticulture and protected cultivation
- To diversify species of fish to enhance production from fisheries sector
(GS3: Science and Technology and Environment)
Environment Minister Launches New Website on Climate Change
- Transform each citizen in the country as a votary for a better future
- To bring most of its content in the form of videos that can be shared on personal social media channels
Features of website:
- Provide rich content in the form of short films to engage the audience
- Outline various initiatives to web climate change
- Display over 100 films, sourced from various arms of the government and social sector
- Offers integrated platform to all social media channels such as Facebook, Twitteretc,
- Designed to reach out to whole of India, enables browsing from all devices
- The NDC document uploaded in full and specialised parts for convenience of users
- The FAQ section provides comprehensive answers to all questions on India’s stance and initiative
- Provide links to activities and initiatives of all ministers related to climate change
(GS 3: Science and Technology)
India’s GSAT-15 Communication Satellite Launched Successfully
- GSAT-15, India’s latest communications satellite launched successfully by European Arian 5 VA-227 launch vehicle.
- GSAT-15 carries communication transponders in Ku- band as well as GPS Aided GEO Augmented Navigation (GAGAN)
- Stationed over India at a slot at 93.5 degree East longitude
- Cost: About Rs 860 crore
- Flown along with Saudi Arabia’s Arabsat-6B/Badr-7
- To replace INSAT-3A and INSAT-4B as their term expired
- Helps to cater to DTH television needs
- To support thousands of VSAT operators who provide broadband services and DSNG (Digital Satellite News Gathering) for TV News channels
IASbaba imparts 360-degree IAS preparation solutions with their exhaustive Prelims and Mains preparation courses, supported by the latest UPSC preparation material. Avail our expert help by enrolling with us to keep your knowledge updated and stay ahead of your competition.
Checkout some important links :