Assumption for the classes from aspirants: You know English and basic Maths. No further requirements from our side 🙂
The day IASbaba entered the online world of education, we were determined to raise the bar in terms of quality and outcome. Our entry into the ecosystem of Civil Services Examination (CSE) was able to shake the system for the better.
We were able to bring in clarity in the market cluttered by online noise where the insecurities and lack of knowledge of aspirants are exploited.
Our 60 Day Program, TLP program and ILP Program created the biggest online environment for UPSC learning.
This is how we have differentiated ourselves from the crowd!
But then, there was a lingering question, Are we a complete “one stop destination towards IAS” ? Are we utilizing or providing all the help for aspirants we can?
With the workshops we intended to cover the above question by giving highly effective strategies in a limited time.
We were able to help you prepare Essay in 30 minutes with a proven framework or make you understand IR and Ethics strategy in an hour. The same goes with current affairs and other aspects. All our workshops received tremendous response. You can cross check it here- Click
Can we extend the same to classes?
Can we build a super community of 150 students? Can we build a Ramaiah (Dr Chukka Ramiah)type classes (people who prepared for IIT know him) where we can teach, mould , mentor them for 1 year.
Starting from prelims can we be part of their journey through classes, tests and other personality building exercises?
Each of the classes being a power packed that you go out with an ability to solve any prelims or mains questions from that particular day topic.
With this thought and our intention to change the system of the way classes are delivered, we proudly announce the commencement of Comprehensive – Prelims – Mains and Interview Program for 2017.
We wish you set higher standards in offline the similar way we have set in online.
How does our classes differ:
- Unlike the JEE and CAT coaching industry, CSE coaching is very limited in terms of organisation or quality driven module.
- IITians teach in JEE coaching classes, CAT qualified candidates conduct classes for management examinations, IES officers provide guidance to Engineering Service aspirants and so on. In CSE coaching, people with ranks teaching students is hardly with few institutes.
- Most of the competitive exams today are objective type. It doesn’t matter how many students are sitting in a class to attend the lecture. Apart from personal doubts and motivation, the pedagogy can afford to remain uniform for the entire lot. However, in CSE, the subjective nature of the Mains examination and also the interview stage makes it a personality driven competition. The number of electrons in the outermost shell of an atom of sodium will be the same for everyone; but someone’s opinion on the issue of Uniform Civil Code might be different from that of others. This element of subjectivity can’t be and isn’t being addressed by the coaching institutes. 600 students packed in a tiny hall simply write what they are dictated! Forget about individual personalities, personal doubts also go unnoticed and unanswered.
- We focus on building an “analytical you” who can handle any question or situation.
- The current mode of pedagogy can best be called spoon feeding. There needs to be greater emphasis on inculcating the traits that are so fundamental to this exam process. Creative thinking, ability of critical assimilation and application of learned concepts are integral to the preparation of CSE. There is no wonder as to why the students used to taking notes only fail to comprehend twisted questions and aren’t able to apply their minds in the stipulated time limit.
- Each of our classes will be high outcome oriented. We will give you timetable for the week and the details of what topics would be covered in the class.
Going out of the class you should be able to solve any question on prelims/mains and interview of that topic.
- Regular tests with feedback , one to one sessions and mentoring.
Below we have put all the stages of the classes:
Stage I – Inauguration cum workshop (First week of September):
- One day workshop cum inauguration of the programme, familiarisation with the IASbaba team and faculty, introduction of the participating aspirants and detailed discussions on the programme structure, expectations and implementation.
Stage II – The second stage involves intensive classroom sessions comprising of the following components:(September to March)
- The classroom sessions with holistic focus will begin from 1st week of September.
- There will be only 2 batches.
- Classes will be conducted 4 days a week for weekday batch from morning 7-9.30 am while weekend batches would be on Saturdays and Sundays. We would be having 100-110 sessions in total.We have pinned for 300 hours of teaching in phase 1.
- The strength of the classroom won’t be more than 75 to 100. This is to ensure that the sessions remain manageable .
- The lectures will be interactive with least amount of dictation. Students will be expected to interact as much as possible with the faculty.
- The focus is to make each class an outcome oriented exercise. Each class would begin with 10-15 MCQ through which we will understand the entire topic.This would constitute the first half of each lecture.The second half of the lecture would stress more on answering analytical questions relevant for mains and interview.
- Famous experts from different fields will be called upon to deliver talks on areas of importance with respect to CSE.
- Special sessions on public speaking and extra curricular (under the supervision) will be conducted to help the aspirants break their inhibitions and hesitation.
- Motivational sessions will be conducted to constantly encourage and inspire the aspirants towards their final goal.
- Aspirants will be provided with a schedule to personally interact with the faculty. On the days of their interaction as per the schedule, they can get all their queries and doubts resolved. They will be free to even express their personal issues and get friendly suggestions.
The classroom sessions are being planned in an integrated manner to deal with CSP and CSM together. Similar topics have been clubbed and modified for easy and comprehensive understanding. Please bear in mind that the pointers of this stage are only indicative of what is being planned for you. The details will be much more exhaustive and comprehensive.
Stage III -Tests Cum Classroom (Prelims Exclusive) – From March to May
In the three months following the six months of classes you will be writing at least 10 prelims tests all offline.
In May we would meet for 15 days of classes to focus on prelims specific topics. June 18 – Prelims 2017
Stage IV – For those who clear prelims they will join us for Mains 2017 program.
At this stage test series would include optionals like Public administration, Sociology , Geography , Kannada literature and Anthropology. This phase will have 30 tests and min of 100 high quality topics which will be covered.
Stage V – Comeback to us on getting interview call!
Stage VI- There is no end!
Please bear in mind that our association will be for a lifetime and we won’t abandon you after the programme is over. Our first and foremost aim is to build relationships and bonds that go beyond the fore-walls of CSE.
We have made a comparison on the terms of service and offering from the best institutes.
|S. No.||Programme (Not IASbaba)||Fees|
|2||Prelims Test Series||15,000|
|3||Mains Test Series||25,000|
So, basically one shells out Rs. 1,75,000 in attending lectures, write tests that are evaluated by non-experienced peer candidates, appear in mock interviews which give generic feedback on the basis of an interaction that lasts for 15 minutes!
This is where we come into picture. We are hell bent in disrupting this ecosystem. While comparing ours let us compare the deliverable before we finally announce the fee structure:
|1||Classroom lectures||Interactive dialogue||Monologue and dictation|
|2||Strength of classroom||75-100||Varies|
|3||Test Series||Closest to UPSC pattern||Evaluated mostly by appearing candidates|
|4||Interview Support||Comprehensive||Very short with little value addition|
|6||Special lectures by serving officers||Yes||No|
|7||Special lectures by visiting experts||Yes||No|
|8||Workshop for familiarization and peer introduction||Yes||No|
|9||One on one interaction||Yes||No|
|11||Sessions on public speaking||Yes||No|
|14||Fee||Rs. 72,000+Taxes||Rs. 1,75,000|
The fee can be paid in 2 instalments
We are able to offer this price because profit is not our sole criteria. In our team, there are many serving bureaucrats who have experienced the pain of in monetary terms when they were preparing.
Note : Before this write up we had called for registrations.
We had sent select invites and many have visited the center and confirmed their participation in the program by paying fee. Through the selected invites itself we have finished 30% of the seats which we have offered.
Many people call up asking ‘Are seats available’?. Yes they are!
Very Important: Aspirants residing near Bangalore can directly come to office and confirm their seats within the given dates.
We intend the close the admission latest by Aug 15-20.
Some of them who have visited the centre include students from IIT madras , Kanpur , Delhi and an IIM.
One of them SaiKrrishna from IIT kanpur , when asked the reason for joining us :
“I scored 99 in 2015 prelims just by following your material .Though cut off was 107. I have seen your quality and know what you guys are capable off “
Its words like these make us remember you and invest our energies in your future.
We are happy that we are getting such crowd and sharing the same with you 🙂 and this already fits into our aim of building the best cohort system.
You need to feel the change to see the change. So, be a part of our family and let’s embark on a fun filled journey.
Classes would be conducted in KLE auditorium. There is a study center at our office facility. There are 4 libraries located with 3.5 kms of the centre and UPSC friendly.
- 4 sessions a week of 2.5 hrs each.
- Weekday Batch : – 7 to 9.30 am (Mon to Thu)
- Weekend Batch (11-1.30 pm 2.30 pm to 5 pm on Sat and Sunday)
About Rajajinagar and Vijaynagar:
Rajajinagar and Vijayangar form the old part of bangalore .Both were started as middle class layouts in early 80’s . Accomodation and food is relatively cheaper compared to newer areas of bangalore. Coupled with this one can find excellent transpiration facilities.
Vijayanagar to Rajajinagar is to 10-15 minute drive and 20 minutes by bus.
Vijaynagar is know to have at least 50 PGs and acts as a base to any UPSC aspirants.We are just 3.5 kms ( 15-20 min in bus ) from vijaynagar.
Cost of living:
- On sharing basis : 5-6 k (including food)
- On Single basis : 7-9k per month (including food)
- In these areas you can get a decent 2 bedroom house for 8-10 k
List of PG’s with phone number:
We are sharing with you a list of Paying guests located within 2 kms of the centre. Click here
For Girls: There are 3 high quality PGs within a km of the institute.The following are the same:
For Guys: We don’t find many PGs confirming to good standards.
You can all join this group on FB to discuss about accommodation- Click here
Also on https://www.nestaway.com you can find at least 200 vacancies in the surrounding areas of Vijaynagar , Rajajinagar and Malleshwaram.
We will be creating an excel sheet of people who have taken up admission and sharing with you all on Aug 18.
- First Register here (if not done so)- Click here
There is no Separate second invite .The first invite itself is sufficient(we are putting this here, since many of you have asked that i did not get a second invite)
- If you get an invite you have 7 (changed on request)days to confirm the seat through payment on:
Ac/name : Prabhakar Kore Credit Souh Saha.
Ac no :046 4946 000 000 52
IFSC : YESB0000464
You need to immediately send the acknowledgement so that we can tick off one seat. (Don’t worry about the account name , its an escrow account in the name of a society affiliated to KLE society)
- Remember only people who have got invite link confirm and then make payment.
- Alternatively the quickest way is to come to our centre and meet us in person and provided you fulfil our criteria, you get admitted.
Your mails and acknowledgement should reach:
Yeshwanth Gurukar will be the program director for the comprehensive course of IASbaba.
He was ranked 107 in UPSC 2010 and had scored top 10 marks in public administration the following year.Sociology being his other subject.
Having done his PGDM (MBA) from IIM Bangalore.
He would be personally handling polity , economy , ethics and social issues of the course. Previously worked with Alshaya and in Flipkart as senior manger, he has quit to extensively focus on the classroom program.
“Join us only if you think you have the fire and passion to crack this examination in the very first attempt with IASbaba”