Download the PDF– Click here
IASbaba’s Answer Key to General Studies Paper I, Prelims (2016)
We hope that you gave your best in both the papers. Keeping in mind your anticipation to know how well you performed in the exam, we are releasing the answer key to GS paper I here.
We are very happy to hear feedback and thank you notes from our followers that the excessive weightage was given to current affairs in questions and we were on mark!!
For a person who has followed our ILP (test series , prelims current affair oriented capsule, PIB gist, CA )and 60 day plan the exam should be on a easier side.
And no we did not set the UPSC paper :). None of the team members were on the panel 😛
We will come with complete explanation tomorrow.
We will come up with cutoff based on feedback.
Very Important- Please note the following before you check your answers from the key:
- We all know the subjective nature of UPSC questions. No one can release a 100% correct answer key. Therefore, your score on the basis of this answer key may have a variation of + 5 marks.
- Ambiguous questions have been star marked.
- Be realistic in checking your answers. Many a times people inflate their scores by taking even the wrong ones as correct (since different answer keys have marked different options as correct).
- We recommend that you take the worst case scenario as the benchmark. Believe us, you will be in peace as from that position, you can only expect better.
- Don’t waste your excessive time in predicting the cut-offs. Resuming your preparation will be beneficial in all the circumstances as your journey is not going to stop here, even if you fail at this stage.
All the best
P.S: You can discuss the paper in the comment section below.
IASbaba imparts 360-degree IAS preparation solutions with their exhaustive Prelims and Mains preparation courses, supported by the latest UPSC preparation material. Avail our expert help by enrolling with us to keep your knowledge updated and stay ahead of your competition.
Most Trending and Trusted Programmes by UPSC Toppers :