Think Learn & Perform (TLP) : Geography [Day 8]
1. On the outline map of India provided to you, mark the location of all of the following. Write in your QCA Booklet the significance of the locations, whether physical/commercial/economic/ecological/environmental/cultural in not more than 30 words for each entry: (2 x 5 =10 marks)
- Nanga Parbat
- Barak river
- Hirakund dam
2. Briefly explain the following terms in not more than 50 words each: (5 x 5 =25 marks)
- Multilevel planning
- Area development approach
- Island territory
- Desert development programme
3. Many regions in India are prone to droughts. Identify them on an outline map of India. While there have been various plans and schemes in the past to address the same, the condition of residents in general and farmers in particular doesn’t seem to have improved much in these regions. Why? Critically analyse. (20 marks)
4. Discuss the significance of watershed as a unit of planning. Also discuss the features of watershed management in India, its merits and drawbacks. (15 marks)
5. The paradigm of development in the hilly regions is in dire need of overhaul. Do agree? Elucidate. (15 marks)
Note: No separate links will be provided for answering the questions. All questions can be answered on the same page.
IASbaba imparts 360-degree IAS preparation solutions with their exhaustive Prelims and Mains preparation courses, supported by the latest UPSC preparation material. Avail our expert help by enrolling with us to keep your knowledge updated and stay ahead of your competition.
Most Trending and Trusted Programmes by UPSC Toppers :