1. A 40 year old drug addict was found in a drowsy state on road. He was severely malnourished, cachectic and dehydrated. His blood pressure was 70 mm of Hg.
(a) Name the diseases with their five distinctive features to which drug addicts are prone to.
(b) What is pneumocystis carini pneumonia? How would you investigate asked treat?
2. A 60 year old chronic smoker, obese gentleman who had been suffering from diabetes for last five years, not on regular treatment, developed ghabrahat and sudden breathlessness and perspiration.
(a) How would you work up this case? Draw a flowchart.
(b) Enumerate the line of treatment on case ECG indicated acute inferior wall myocardial infarction.
(c) Which lifestyle measures would you suggest to this person?
3. It is late September month of year. A 25 year old young executive from tribal area has been brought to hospital with high grade fever, rashes all over the body and bleeding nose.
(a) Give your differential diagnosis.
(b) Name the investigations you will carry out in this case to confirm your diagnosis.
(c) In case his platelets feel to 15000/cu.mm., how does it help you in diagnosis, treatment and prognosis?
(d) Describe the clinical features and treatment of dengue shock syndrome.
4. A 45 year old lady after the death of her husband 2 months back is feeling lonely and remains aloof.
(a) Enumerate the likely conditions.
(b) How will you diagnose and manage a major depressive disorder?
5. An 18 year old boy was brought to casualty in stuperose condition with history of high grade fever for three days.
(a) Enumerate the causes.
(b) Describe the management of cerebral malaria.