TLP Geography Optional 2018 [7th August]: Day
We are here once again with the online answer writing initiative for Geography Optional. The initiative will run for 50 days stretched in 10 weeks. On a daily basis, 5 questions shall be posted. Please note that no synopsis or review shall be provided. However, we encourage peer review.
You can download the schedule here.
1. On the outline map of India provided to you, mark the location of all of the following. Write in your QCA Booklet the significance of the locations, whether physical/commercial/economic/ecological/environmental/cultural in not more than 30 words for each entry: (2 x 5 =10 marks)
- Jhelum river
- Ranthambore national park
- Pir Panjal range
2. Briefly explain the following terms in not more than 50 words each: (5 x 5 =25 marks)
- Role of mantle plumes in plate tectonics
- Evolution of Earth’s crust
- Reversal of Earth’s magnetic field
3. Examine the controlling facts, mechanism and modifications of Monsoon in India. (20 marks)
4. Discuss the origin, structure and physiography of Deccan Basalt. (15 marks)
5. Write a short note on ‘Lesser Himalayas’. (15 marks)