Gender Parity Index
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-I-Society; GS-II- Governance
- Gender Parity Index in education is the ratio of the number of female students enrolled to the number of male students in each level of education.
- In short, GPI at various levels reflect equitable participation of girls in the School system.
- GPI is released by UNESCO as a part of its Global Education Monitoring Report.
- A GPI of 1 indicates parity between the sexes; GPI below 1 indicated disparity in favour of males and GPI above 1 indicated disparity in favour of females
- India’s GPI for the year 2018-19 at different levels of School Education is as follows:
- Primary Education: 1.03
- Upper Primary Education: 1.12
- Secondary Education: 1.04
- Higher Secondary Education: 1.04
- India’s GPI indicates that the number of girls is more than the number of boys at all levels of school Education.
IASbaba imparts 360-degree IAS preparation solutions with their exhaustive Prelims and Mains preparation courses, supported by the latest UPSC preparation material. Avail our expert help by enrolling with us to keep your knowledge updated and stay ahead of your competition.
Most Trending and Trusted Programmes by UPSC Toppers :