1. What according to you is the most important human value? Why? Substantiate.
आपके अनुसार सबसे महत्वपूर्ण मानव मूल्य क्या है? क्यों? पुष्टी करें।
Demand of the question:
It expects students to define human values and why are they important. Students should also write about one most important value with relevant examples.
Humankind is going through a new and unprecedented experience with the rapidly spreading Covid-19 pandemic. A major challenge is to protect human health and dignity and to respect universal values in the current context.
Human Values are prioritized principles – ideas – traits which individual-society feels worthy to practice to guide their conduct and decisions.
- Human values can be good or bad;
- Love, compassion, tolerance, acceptance, honesty, mercy, generosity, etc. are considered as good values.
- While, hatred, ignorance, intolerance, disrespect. etc. are considered bad
- Human values are influenced by family, society, educational institutions, peers, role models, etc.
- However even so called bad values have relevance in certain situation.
Roy Disney claimed that, ‘It’s not hard to make decisions once you know what your values are.’ Thus, all values have great importance, but tolerance as a human value has special significance.
Tolerance can be defined as ‘Harmony in differences’.
World in very diverse, human life is diverse this diversity creates a wide scope for differences. Differences can be in ideology, culture, values, way of life, ambitious, etc.
Tolerance helps to:
Encourage liberty, dignity, equality, equity, justice, fraternity, brotherhood.
Maintain peace and communal harmony.
Create ecosystem to develop consensus
Base for inclusive democracy
- I could make some good lifelong friends irrespective of religion, caste, gender, etc. because of tolerance to each other’s differences and finding common grounds on which a trust based friendship could evolve.
- I can mix up with people of different age groups – as tolerance provides a realization of a certain mind-set that comes along with certain age. Small kids, teens, elders can be stubborn sometimes but with tolerant approach we can assist them in achieving mental stability.
- As an administrator, tolerance can attract good-will, trust, faith of public and generate an inclusive framework for good governance.
- A tolerant husband can compassionately acknowledge the aspiration of her wife and together they can overcome undue social barriers.
With determined practice of tolerance along with all other human values we can realize the goal of ‘Sabka Sath – Sabka Vikas and Vasudeva Kutumbakam’.