KritiScan: UV Baggage Disinfection System
Part of: GS Prelims and Mains III – Science and Technology; Indegenous technology
- In order to control spread of infection through baggage, International Advanced Research Centre for Powder Metallurgy and New Materials (ARCI), Hyderabad and Vehant Technologies, Noida have co-developed KritiScan UV Baggage Disinfection System.
- The compact UVC conveyor system developed can efficiently disinfect the baggage passing through the conveyor within a few seconds.
- UVC based disinfection systems are known for their rapid disinfection capability.
- The disinfection process is dry and chemical-free.
Do you know?
- UVC light, when irradiated on an infected surface, quickly disrupts the genetic material in the virus and thus inhibits its multiplication.
- The Kritiscan UV advanced baggage disinfecting system uses UVC light (254 nm) with appropriate irradiance to inactivate microbes and viruses.
- The system can efficiently disinfect the baggage within 8 seconds as compared to standard hand-held disinfection techniques.