Once again thank you for such an awesome response to our recently launched Courses/Programs.
If you have covered/completed UPSC syllabus atleast once or twice/if you have given Mains/Interview before and looking forward to give your best attempt next year (UPSC 2021), then TLP Connect/TLP Plus 2021 is the best programme for YOU!!
In continuation with FAQ’s -IASbaba’s ILP 2021, here we bring you the FAQ’s related to IASbaba’s TLP CONNECT/ TLP PLUS 2021 MENTORSHIP (OFFLINE and ONLINE) Programme.
Kindly read with patience. This will clear all your doubts.
In UPSC 2019, 150+ (from ILP and TLP ONLY) students from IASbaba got an Interview call. It’s a Proud moment! All Credit goes to the efforts of our students put in the right direction!
100+ Ranks UPSC CSE 2019 Topper’s from IASbaba – 5 in Top 20 Ranks makes it even more Special! -> CLICK HERE
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
IASbaba’s TLP CONNECT/ TLP+ 2021 Programme
What is the difference between TLP Connect 2021 and TLP Plus 2021 ?
TLP Connect is an integrated Prelims + Mains + Interview, Mentorship Based Programme.
It has additional features of Prelims Test Series and Babapedia, which is not available to the subscribers of TLP Plus.
Duration: From 17th Oct 2020 to 20th June 2021. Prelims Test will be held on every Saturday’s and Mains on every Sunday’s. Please note that Mains Test will end by 16th May, 2021 and Prelims Test will continue till 20th June, 2021.
TLP Plus is an exclusive Mains Mentorship Programme. Mains Test will be held on every Sunday’s.
Duration: From 18th Oct 2020 to 16th May 2021
Please Note – The Tests are Flexible!
What are the similarities between TLP Connect and TLP Plus?
Both are Mentorship based Programmes.
Both are incentive-based programmes. It means that, if you are clearing UPSC PRELIMS 2021, then 2nd Phase July 2021 – September 2021 [3 Months] will be completely FREE!! And if you are clearing UPSC MAINS 2021, then 3rd Phase will also be completely FREE!!
Based on your Performance the Programme duration will be 1 Year 3 Months (15 Months).
Both are available in OFFLINE (Delhi and Bengaluru Centers) and ONLINE Mode.
But given the present conditions you can take the programme ONLINE and when conditions are back to normal you can change to OFFLINE Mode.
Why is TLP Connect and TLP+ called an Incentive-Based Programme?
This is a special feature of this programme. Students of BOTH the programs, TLP Connect & TLP+ 2021, who will be clearing UPSC Prelims 2020:
- TLP Phase 2 (3 months Mentorship Based Mains Test Series) – FREE!
- Post Mains Result, Interview Mentorship Programme (IMP) will be given FREE (both for Online and Offline students)!!
Please Note: This 2nd Phase and 3rd Phase of the Programme will be Free, only if you are a part of TLP Connect/Plus 2021 and have cleared UPSC Prelims 2021.
When is the last date for enrolment?
Students can enrol anytime but before the end of the program. However, we advise you to join the programme before the start of the Test Series, so that your preparation can be streamlined and disciplined.
The Test Series is Flexible!
Is Mentorship Available both to Offline & Online Students and TLP Connect & TLP Plus?
Why is TLP Connect/Plus called the most Practical Planning?
- Our focus is not just on the number of tests but on their quality. A sufficient number of tests for Mains will keep you focused on completing the syllabus and also on developing a thought process which is very much essential for building concepts, linking dynamic with static part and tackling analytical nature of the exam – both in Prelims and Mains.
- Practically speaking, after writing a Test, sufficient time is required for a mentor to evaluate his/her group of students and give you detailed feedback. From a student’s perspective, sufficient time is required to work on feedbacks given by the mentors. There is no point writing tens of tests without investing adequate time on preparation. Moreover, after each test, you need time to recuperate and freshen up before you are ready for the next one. With the quality of questions in TLP, be rest assured that you will be facing the most relevant and standard questions.
- The Schedule is prepared such that your preparation has an integrated approach. For instance, if you have History Prelims Test (Art and Culture /Modern History) on Saturday, it would be followed by Mains Test on the same topics on Sunday. So that you can carry forward the same facts and apply it in Mains as per the demand of the question.
- Our schedule also gives you ample time to prepare for OPTIONAL subjects and ensure balanced preparation. In a week, there will be 1 Prelims Test and 1 Mains Test, so you get enough time to not only to cover both GS and Optional but also work on the feedback given by your mentors.
How many Prelims Tests and Mains Tests are included in the Programme?
PRELIMS TEST SERIES – TOTAL = 53 TESTS
- 43 GS (Paper -1) PRELIMS TESTS
- 10 CSAT (Paper -2) PRELIMS TESTS
MAINS TESTS & SYNOPSIS– TOTAL = 40 TESTS
- 24 SECTIONAL TESTS(GS1, GS2, GS3, GS4)
- 6 ESSAY TESTS
- 10 COMPREHENSIVE MOCK TESTS
Where can I find the Detailed Plan/ Schedule of the Programmes?
Detailed Plan/Schedule TLP Connect 2021-> CLICK HERE
Detailed Plan/Schedule TLP Plus 2021 -> CLICK HERE
What is Babapedia?
Babapedia is divided into Prelimspedia and Mainspedia. It covers all the current affairs which will help you in both Prelims and Mains Preparation. It makes your job very easy as it covers The Hindu, Indian Express, Economic Times, PIB etc from examination point of you.
CLICK HERE to see samples.
Is Approach Paper and Synopsis given and if Yes, when?
Each test shall be preceded by an approach paper detailing the sources, focus areas, and the overall strategy to approach the subject.
It will be provided 1 week in advance (before the scheduled test date). However, approach paper for Essays will not be provided. The Discussion Sessions/Classes and One-on-One Mentorship will help you in fine-tuning your essays.
Synopsis – Our synopsis for each test is prepared after extensive research and discussions among the Mentors. It ensures that the best quality content in the most lucid fashion reaches you, which acts as easy reference and revision.
NOTE– Approach papers will be provided on the day of Mains Test for the next test.
By when can I expect my papers to get evaluated?
If the answer scripts are uploaded (online) or written in the IASbaba’s exam centre (offline) within 24 hours of the scheduled test time, then the copies will be evaluated before the next test date (i.e, within 4-5 days). However, if test copies are uploaded later then it will be evaluated within 8-10 working days.
Till when can I submit my papers for evaluation? Is the program flexible?
The program is flexible and the test portal will be closed only after completion of all the tests. However, it is advised to write the tests on scheduled test dates to effectively utilize the program. Once the programme is over (i.e last test, evaluation won’t be done)
Will the Discussion classes be held for both Prelims and Mains?
Yes. But for Prelims, strategic discussion classes will be taken.
When will the Discussion classes be held?
Discussion classes will be held immediately after the Mains test on Sunday’s. For online students, the video will be uploaded in the portal the next day.
For Prelims, strategic discussion classes will be taken.
The post-test discussions shall be taken by the expert faculties of IASbaba. A few highly specialised sessions under the Series of Interactive Lectures (SOIL) to help you grow your analytical ability in areas like Essay and General Strategy, Ethics, International Relations, Internal Security among others will be taken by People in Services and Toppers on Pro-bono basis.
What if I cannot attend the Discussion classes? Is there any alternative?
Discussion videos are available on the portal until the end of the programme. For offline students, video access will be given if they could not attend a discussion class (only after taking prior permission from the concerned authority).
When can I get a One-on-One discussion with my mentor?
One-on-One discussion is provided by the mentor before the next test, if the test is taken within 24 hours of the scheduled test date. Those who attempt the test later will receive one-on-one feedback within 8-10 working days.
Will the ranking be provided after each Test?
Yes the rank list will be published for both Online and Offline Combined. Evaluations are done by experts and not by novices having 4-5 months of experience as content creators. The marking and feedback that our subject experts give is based on real experience and visible expertise.
How is the Test Series designed/ What is the standard of Questions asked in the Tests, is it suitable for Freshers/Veterans?
Our tests will train the beginners to acquire a strong foundation and basics. For veterans, it will help them to streamline their preparation, value additions, work on their writing speed to complete the paper and maintain consistency.
Standard of Questions –Out of 14 Questions in the 2 hour Test, 6Q will be checking your basic knowledge/conceptual understanding and 8Q will be of analytical nature where you have to link static with dynamic. We believe that there is a learning curve in everybody’s preparation and this is a gradual process. It comes with time, preparation and practice!! So after the first 3 cycles of 2 hours of Test (except for Essay to be 3 hours) which would cover entire GS1, GS2, GS3, GS4, you will leap to the next level of comprehensive Test with 3 hours duration.
Once you understand the art of answer writing in the initial phase, we will move on to the 3 hours Comprehensive Full-length Mock Tests.
Any Special Emphasis on Ethics and Essay?
Yes, we have given special Emphasis on Ethics Case Studies and Essay Tests. You will have 8 Tests on Ethics Theory and Case Studies and in 8 Essay Tests -3 Tests only on Philosophical Essays, 3 Tests only on Theme Based and 2 Tests (Philosophical + Theme Based). You would be writing 2 Essays per Test=16 Essays in total of 3 hours duration.
Will the mentor be available even after the mains test series (during prelims preparation phase from March to May)?
20. Should I join ILP or TLP?
If you have finished thorough reading of the entire syllabus at least once or twice and only need guidance mainly for the Mains answer writing, and you can take care of Prelims through test series. Then the best program, would be to join either Integrated (Prelims & Mains) Test Series Based Mentorship Program TLP CONNECT or you can join Only Mains Mentorship Program TLP+.
22. What is the Fees for TLP Connect / TLP Plus 2021 ?
TLP Plus: Price- Rs.22,000 + 18 % (GST) = Rs.25,960/-
TLP Connect : Price- Rs.30,000 + 18 % (GST) = Rs.35,400/-
23. Where can I make the payment?
Separate Payment links have been created at the end of the post for TLP Connect/ TLP Plus 2021
24. From when can I access the TLP Platform?
Once the payment is done-
- You will receive a Receipt/Mail with Login Details.
- Do not worry it may take 2-3 hours time since it is automated.
- You can always mail for any technical issue on given email ID (below)
- The TLP Connect Program will start on 17th October, 2020 and TLP+ from 18th October, 2020.
Please Note that, a separate Portal will be developed for ONLINE students and Mentorship over phone call will be made available.
25. If I still have Doubts/Queries with regard to ILP or AIPTS, where or whom to contact?
You can reach us on
Email id: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mobile No: 63664 56458 / 88829 79568/ 9899291288 (Please call between 10 am – 6 pm ONLY)
BANGALORE CENTRE: IASbaba’s TLP Centre 2– No. 1443/1444, 2nd Floor, Above Carzspa, Ganapati Circle, Chandra Layout, Vijaynagar, Bangalore 560040.
DELHI CENTRE: IASBABA, 5B, Pusa Road, Karol Bagh, New Delhi – 110005. Landmark: Just 50m from Karol Bagh Metro Station, GATE No. 8 (Next to Croma Store)
All the Best