Ghar Tak Fibre Scheme inaugurated in Bihar
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-II – Government Policies and Interventions
- Recently, Indian Prime Minister inaugurated ‘Ghar Tak Fibre’ scheme in Bihar.
- Implemented by: Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology
- Aim: To connect all 45,945 villages of Bihar with high-speed optical fibre internet by 31st March 2021.
- Under the scheme, Bihar has to provide at least five fibre-to-the-home (FTTH) connections per village and at least one WiFi hotspot per village.
- The Scheme will lead digital services including e-Education, e-Agriculture, Tele-Medicine, and other social security schemes in Bihar.
- It shall boost the local employment generation with the implementation of Bharat Net initiative which will be done by recruiting local workers.