‘STARS’ Project approved
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-II – Education
- The Union Cabinet has approved World Bank supported Strengthening Teaching-Learning and Results for States -STARS project recently.
- The Project seeks to support States in developing, implementing and evaluating interventions with direct linkages to improved education outcomes.
- The total project cost is 5,718 crore rupees.
- World Bank shall provide assistance amounting to 500 million US dollars.
- It would be implemented as a new Centrally Sponsored Scheme under Department of School Education and Literacy
- It will cover six States, Himachal Pradesh, Rajasthan, Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, Kerala and Odisha.