‘Shri Guru Ravidas Vishva Mahapeeth Rashtriya Adhiveshan’ held
Part of: GS Prelims and GS – I – Culture
- Indian President recently addressed ‘Shri Guru Ravidas Vishva Mahapeeth Rashtriya Adhiveshan’ in New Delhi.
Important value additions
- He was a Dalit-poet saint.
- He belonged to the Bhakti movement era.
- He probably lived during the 14th to 16th century.
- He belonged to a leather-working Chamar community.
- The 41 hymns of Guru Ravidas have been included in the Guru Granth Sahib.
- The famous saint poetess, Mirabai was a disciple of Guru Ravidas.
- Everybody is equal in all respects, irrespective of caste, color or a belief in any form of God; Emphasised on universal brotherhood and tolerance.
- God created man and not man created God;
- He abandoned saguna (with attributes, image) forms of supreme beings, and focussed on the nirguna (without attributes, abstract) form of supreme beings.