Transgender Community Desk at Cyberabad
Part of: GS Prelims and GS – I – Social issues & GS-II – Policies and interventions
- A ‘Transgender Community Desk’ was inaugurated at Gachibowli Police Station, Telangana.
- It is India’s first-of-its-kind gender inclusive community policing initiative.
- The desk will be managed by a police liaison officer and a transgender person who is designated as community coordinator.
- It will be the focal point for all grievance redressal (violence, discrimination, etc.) among the transgender community of the district.
- It will also provide counselling, legal aid, soft skills training, job placements, etc. in partnership with the Department of Women and Child Welfare, and District Legal Services Authority.