Interpol launches online Cybersecurity campaign
Part of: Prelims and GS – III – Cybersecurity
Context The Interpol has launched an online campaign to inform people of major cyberthreats to help them protect their computer systems, networks and personal information from cybercriminals.
- The three-week campaign, from October 4 to 22, would be run primarily through social media.
What is Interpol?
- INTERPOL Notices are international requests for cooperation or alerts allowing police in member countries to share critical crime-related information.
- The International Criminal Police Organization (INTERPOL) is an intergovernmental organization that helps coordinate the police force of 194 member countries.
- Each of the member countries hosts an INTERPOL National Central Bureau (NCB).
- The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) is designated as the National Central Bureau of India.
- It is headquartered in Lyon, France