2. How does lack of healthy work culture affect organisational performance? Discuss with the help of suitable examples. (10 Marks)
स्वस्थ कार्य संस्कृति की कमी संगठनात्मक प्रदर्शन को कैसे प्रभावित करती है? उपयुक्त उदाहरणों की सहायता से चर्चा कीजिए।
Students are expected to write about the work culture also how unhealthy work culture affect the organization performance. Explain with the example also give some examples of healthy work culture.
Components of work culture are its vision, values, practices, people and place. Organization is made of people and institution. Work culture reflects the quality of both.
Work culture affecting the organization performance:
- A gender bias, caste bias, religion bias in an organisation is also a sign of bad work culture. These kind of biases not only hamper the organisational efficiency but also promote the social divide.
- For instance, recent incidences in government schools where women belonging to backward sections of society were not allowed to cook food for students.
- Suppose work culture is bad, which shows partiality, favoritism, nepotism etc. as it was in earlier days for tender allocations at times, partiality in writing of ACRs sometimes it demotivates talented and hard-working people. Thereby it reduces organisational efficiency. For instance, recent Vyapam scam.
Creating good work culture:
- Good leadership team.
- Keeping organization’s objective above oneself.
- The foundation of an organization should be based on basic values like empathy, honesty and integrity.
- Spirt of cooperation as well as competition should be encouraged.
Impact of healthy work culture:
- Healthy work culture promotes transparency, innovation and discipline in an organisation. For instance, the kind of work culture followed through SAARTHI programme in Pune which facilitates better e-governance. It has increased the organisational efficiency of government.
- Good work culture promotes peer respect, recognition of hard work, and freedom to bring new ideas (innovation) it thereby increases the efficiency of organisation.
- For instance, Netflix doesn’t makes it mandatory for their employees to maintain basic etiquettes of dressing. They not even made it mandatory to come in office at time. Still Netflix has expanded its viewership in multi-fold ways.
Good work culture can shape the outcomes and the perception in the eyes of public and it attracts best available talent which in turn serves the organization better.