- GS-2: Issues relating to development and management of Social Sector/Services relating to Education, Human Resources
- GS-2: Government policies and interventions for development in various sectors and issues arising out of their design and implementation.
Context: Since the introduction of the National Education Policy, 2020 (NEP), Kerala has viewed the policy document with serious disagreements.
- However, two years down the line, the State has begun to warm up to some of the provisions, but with considerable hesitance. The government has hinted that the reforms might be introduced only during the 2023-24 academic year.
- The last NEP was that of 1986 and modified in 1992.
- NEP 2020 is based on the report filed by the committee headed by eminent space scientist Kasturirangan.
Mains Practice Question – If implemented in its true vision, the new National Education Policy can bring India at par with the leading countries of the world. Critically Analyse.
Note: Write answers to this question in the comment section.
DOWNLOAD MIND MAP – CLICK HERE