In News: The Union Home Minister announced that the Ahmedabad Railway Station at Kalupur in Ahmedabad City will be developed on the theme of Modhera Sun Temple in the next five years
Sun Temple, Modhera
- The Sun Temple is a Hindu temple dedicated to the solar deity Surya located at Modhera village of Mehsana district, Gujarat, India.
- It is situated on the bank of the river Pushpavati.
- It was built after 1026-27 CE during the reign of Bhima I of the Solanki dynasty.
- No worship is offered now and is protected monument maintained by Archaeological Survey of India.
- The temple complex has three components: Gudhamandapa, the shrine hall; Sabhamandapa, the assembly hall and Kunda, the reservoir.
Source: Indian Express
Previous Year Question
Q.1) Which of the following is/are famous for Sun temples? (2017)
Select the correct answer using the code given below :
- 1 only
- 2 and 3 only
- 1 and 3 only
- 1, 2 and 3
Q.2) With reference to Chausath Yogini Temple situated near Morena, consider the following statements: (2021)
- It is a circular temple built during the reign of Kachchhapaghata Dynasty.
- It is the only circular temple built in India.
- It was meant to promote the Vaishnava cult in the region.
- Its design has given rise to a popular belief that it was the inspiration behind the Indian Parliament building.
Which of the statements given above are correct?
- 1 and 2
- 2 and 3 Only
- 1 and 4
- 2, 3 and 4