Context: Recently export demand for Teja variety of red chilli has gone up due to its culinary, medicinal and other wide-ranging uses.
About Teja Chillies:
- Chilli was originally cultivated in North Mexico but is believed to be brought to India by the Portuguese.
- It is a fine variety of Guntur chilli.
- It is a fruit that belongs to genus Capsicum.
Health benefits of Teja Chilli:
- Rich in Vitamins and Minerals like Copper, Potassium, Vitamin C, Vitamin B, Vitamin A.
- It is a powerful anti-oxidant.
- Studies suggest that it aids in weight loss.
- Clears congestion.
- Boosts mood and reduces pain.
- It has antibacterial properties that helps in curing skin infection.
- Decreases the risk of osteoporosis.
- Protects the body against prostate problems.
Previous Year Questions
Q.1) With reference to the “Tea Board” in India, consider the following statements:
- The Tea Board is a statutory body.
- It is a regulatory body attached to the Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare.
- The Tea Board’s Head Office is situated in Bengaluru.
- The Board has overseas office at Dubai and Moscow.
Which of the statements given above are correct? (2022)
- 1 and 3
- 2 and 4
- 3 and 4
- 1 and 4
Q.2) Consider the following statements:
- Moringa (drumstick tree) is a leguminous evergreen tree.
- Tamarind tree is endemic to south Asia.
- In India, most of the tamarind is collected as minor forest produce.
- India exports tamarind and seeds of moringa.
- Seeds of moringa and tamarind can be used in the production of biofuels.
Which of the statements given above are correct? (2021)
- 1, 2, 4 and 5
- 3, 4 and 5
- 1, 3 and 4
- 1,2, 3 and 5
For a dedicated peer group, Motivation & Quick updates, Join our official telegram channel – https://t.me/IASbabaOfficialAccount
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel HERE to watch Explainer Videos, Strategy Sessions, Toppers Talks & many more…