1. In a historic decision for women, the Shani Shingnapur temple authorities allowed women devotees to enter the inner sanctum of the temple to offer prayers. The debunking of the 400 years old tradition is not only a symbolic victory for the champions of gender equality but an important milestone in the struggle for women rights. Elucidate.
2. What is happening in the campuses of higher educational institutions of India is a quest for ‘competitive nationalism’. However, the perception of concepts like ‘freedom’, ‘nationalism’ and ‘patriotism’ are highly distorted and need a reasoned public debate. Do you agree? Critically
3. India’s global Gender Parity Score or GPS is 0.48 out of 1. This implies an extremely high level of gender inequality. Do you think gender equality in work and gender equality in society are strongly linked? Analyse.
4. The Prime Minister of Canada recently apologized to the Komagata Maru incident victims and their descendants, regretting the suffering “caused by Canada’s senseless discrimination 102 years ago”. What was the incident? How is the Komagata Maru incident a constant reminder for inclusiveness? Elaborate.
5. The latest Sample Registration Statistical (SRS) Report, India’s sex ratio at birth fell from 909 live female births for every 1,000 male births in 2011-13 to 906 in 2012-14. The figures not only reveal the failure of the PCPNDT Act, 1994 but also remind that not much has changed at the societal level. Do you agree? Critically comment.
P.S: The review from IASbaba will happen from the time the question is posted till 10 pm everyday. We would also encourage peer reviews.. so friends get actively involved and start reviewing each others answers. This will keep the entire community motivated.
All the Best 🙂
IASbaba imparts 360-degree IAS preparation solutions with their exhaustive Prelims and Mains preparation courses, supported by the latest UPSC preparation material. Avail our expert help by enrolling with us to keep your knowledge updated and stay ahead of your competition.
Most Trending and Trusted Programmes by UPSC Toppers :