TLP Geography Optional 2018 [9th August]: Day
We are here once again with the online answer writing initiative for Geography Optional. The initiative will run for 50 days stretched in 10 weeks. On a daily basis, 5 questions shall be posted. Please note that no synopsis or review shall be provided. However, we encourage peer review.
You can download the schedule here.
1. On the outline map of India provided to you, mark the location of all of the following. Write in your QCA Booklet the significance of the locations, whether physical/commercial/economic/ecological/environmental/cultural in not more than 30 words for each entry: (2 x 5 =10 marks)
- Pamir knot
- Tibet plateau
- Wellington Island
- Ken river
2. Briefly explain the following terms in not more than 50 words each: (5 x 5 =25 marks)
- Landforms associated with convergent plate boundaries
- Soil classification in India
- Biodiversity of the Western Ghats
- Earthquakes in South east Asia
3. Examine the concept of ‘plate tectonics’. Discuss in detail, the types of plate boundaries, their global distribution and associated landforms. (20 marks)
4. What do understand by vulcanicity? What are the forces that produce vulcanicity? Discuss its distribution on a world map. (15 marks)
5. Write a short note on ‘recent views on mountain building’. (15 marks)