Five Star Villages Scheme launched
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-II – Welfare Schemes
- Five Star Villages scheme has been launched recently.
- Ministry: The Department of Posts, Ministry of Communications.
- Aim: To bridge the gaps in public awareness and reach of postal products and services, especially in interior villages.
- Objective: To ensure universal coverage of flagship postal schemes in rural areas of the country.
- It has three components: (1) Product and Service Availability; (2) Product and Service Publicity; (3) Product and Service Marketing.
- Branch offices will function as one-stop shops to cater all post office related needs of the villagers.
- Implemented by: A team of five Gramin Dak Sevaks. They will be assigned a village for marketing of all products, savings and insurance schemes.
- Team will be headed by: Branch Post Master of the concerned Branch Office.
- The scheme is being launched on pilot basis in Maharashtra. Based on the experience, it will be implemented nation-wide.