Environment & Ecology
Context: Recently, a frog endemic to the higher altitudes of Western Ghats was rediscovered after 89 years.
About Jerdon’s narrow-mouthed frog (Uperodon montanus):
- Uperodon montanus, also known as Jerdon’s narrow-mouthed frog, Jerdon’s ramanella, mountain dot frog, mountain globular frog, or Malabar Hill frog.
- It is a species of narrow-mouthed frog (family Microhylidae)
- It is endemic to the Western Ghats of India.
- This species is found in Moist deciduous forests, Semi-evergreen forests, and Evergreen forests.
- It is classified as ‘Near Threatened’ in the International Union for Conservation of Nature Red List of Threatened Species.
Source: DOWN TO EARTH
Previous Year Questions
Q.1) Certain species of which one of the following organisms are well known as cultivators of
Q.2) Consider the following animals (2021)
To reduce the chance of being captured by predators, which of the above organisms rolls up/roll up and protects/protects its/their vulnerable parts?
- 1 and 2 only
- 2 only
- 3 only
- 1 and 3
For a dedicated peer group, Motivation & Quick updates, Join our official telegram channel – https://t.me/IASbabaOfficialAccount
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel HERE to watch Explainer Videos, Strategy Sessions, Toppers Talks & many more…