SOLUTION/ANSWER KEY: ALL INDIA OPEN MOCK 2: PRELIMS 2019 – General Studies (Paper 1) and CSAT (Paper 2)
IASbaba’s ALL INDIA OPEN MOCK 2 (Both OFFLINE / ONLINE) FOR PRELIMS 2019 – General Studies 1 and CSAT (Paper 2) (OPEN TO ALL )- 60 DAYS PROGRAMME !!
Thanks for the overwhelming response on MOCK TEST 1 (60 Day Programme), which was conducted on 15th May 2019. Many have appreciated the quality for being of UPSC standard’s. Thank you once again!
For those who missed out -> CLICK HERE (To Access Mock Test1)
So as part of 60 Day Programme, IASbaba is conducting ALL INDIA OPEN MOCK 2 FOR PRELIMS 2019 on 21st May, 2019.
This time –
- The there will be 2 Papers – General Studies 1 and General Studies 2 (CSAT)
- The Test will be available BOTH – ONLINE and OFFLINE.
Things to Remember For ONLINE TEST:
- First Step is to REGISTER, in the link given below. Please make sure that, the entered fields are correct and valid. The Registration will close on 29th May @ 5 pm.
- The Test Platform will be Active on 21st May (Tuesday), 2019 @ 9.30 am . We would advice you to give General Studies Paper 1 from 9.30 am – 11.30 am and General Studies Paper 2 (CSAT) from 2.30 pm – 4.30 pm, this will simulate exam like scenario and you can train your mind to be active during these hours.
- To give enough flexibility to students, the Test Platform will be open/active till 29th May 2019 i.e, you can take the Test anytime between 21st May – 29th May, 2019.
- Answer Key/Solution will be updated on 21st May @ 10 pm.
- The Results (All India Rank ) will be announced on 22nd May @ 5 pm. Again on 29th May, combined results of ONLINE and OFFLINE will be published. However, one can see his/her results on real-time i.e, once you complete the Test, under RESULTS TAB.
- The Test can be taken by a Person ONLY ONCE
P.S: Only students with Valid Roll numbers can take the Test and Ranks will be announced accordingly!
Steps to register – Mock Test 2 – UPSC Civil Services (Preliminary) Exam 2019
To REGISTER for ONLINE TEST -> CLICK HERE
Things to Remember For OFFLINE TEST:
- Please bring a photocopy of UPSC Civil Services (Preliminary) Exam Admit card – 2019. It’s MANDATORY!
- There is NO NEED to REGISTER.
- As we are expecting many students, the Mock Tests will be conducted on 3 Days – May 21st, May 22nd and May 23rd @ 2 Centres – Vijayanagar & Chandralayout.
- The Test will be conducted ONLY in Bangalore.
- You will get the Answer Key, soon after the Test. But the Detailed Solution will be available ONLY on the Website on 21st May @ 10 pm.
- On 29th May, combined results of ONLINE and OFFLINE will be published. However, one can compare your results on the Test Platform under RESULTS TAB (https://test.iasbaba.com)
Venue: 2 Centres –
- Vijayanagar Centre: 1737/ 37, MRCR Layout, Vijayanagar Service Road, Vijayanagar, Bengaluru-5660040. Land mark – Vijayanagar Metro.
- Chandra Layout Centre: No. 1443/1444, Above Carzspa, 80 Ft. Main Road, Ganapathi Circle, Chandra Layout, Bengaluru- 560040
General Studies Paper 1 : 9.30am – 11.30am
General Studies Paper 2 (CSAT) : 2.30 pm – 4.30 pm
P.S: The timings will be same for all the 3 Days. Only students with Valid Roll numbers can take the Test and Ranks will be announced accordingly!
For any Queries, You can also reach us on firstname.lastname@example.org and 9035077800/7353177800.
Office Timings: 10 am – 5 pm
How to increase your productivity in the Mock? Follow this to minimize your negatives?
This is applicable to aspirants who have done decent preparation and are worried about negative marking. This is in no way applicable to aspirants who go on to score well beyond cut off every time. They do not need any advice 🙂
- Glance through the question paper from Question 1 to 100. Just look at the keywords of the questions without reading the details. It is to make sure you have some familiarity with the paper. It will boost your confidence.
- Irrespective of the level of the paper, you will be able to confidently solve many questions for sure (provided your preparation is decent)
- Divide the time into THREE rounds.
- First Round: Focus only on those questions in which you have 100% confidence that X is the answer. Mark them first. Remember that these questions in the first round are based on 100% accuracy. (Tick such questions)
- Second Round: Since you have gone through all 100 questions in the first round, must know a number of questions in which you do not have any idea. These are the questions in which no elimination, no guesses and nothing will work. Cross mark such questions first.
- Third Round: You have to spend quality time in this round. Forget about questions (Crossed Marked in 2nd Round) and never turn back to them at any cost. In this round, apply your consolidated knowledge, application of mind, elimination method, intellectual guesses and arrive at the answer.
Example- last year, UPSC had asked,
Which of the following are Sun Temples in India and the third option was Omkareshwar Temple? At first glance, this question might seem very tough for many of you. But if you remember that Omkareshwar (OM- Shiva) and hence it cannot be a SUN Temple. By eliminating option-3, you can arrive at the correct answer because out of four, three options had 3 as the number.
Similarly, there are many such questions. So, focus on such questions carefully.
- Your target should be minimizing negatives. And if the paper seems tough, do not over attempt.
- Many times senses are put to rest and you read something else while the question is something else 🙂 This happens because of 2 Reasons. 1) You are in a hurry to complete the paper. 2) You are over-confident in a subject. So patiently read the complete question, without any assumptions.
- Be alert while reading the questions. Correct/Incorrect/NOT Correct should be read clearly.
- If you know more than 70 questions with confidence, go with it 🙂
- Last but not the least, many questions can be answered by using Common Sense, so do apply it 🙂
All the very best 🙂
IASbaba imparts 360-degree IAS preparation solutions with their exhaustive Prelims and Mains preparation courses, supported by the latest UPSC preparation material. Avail our expert help by enrolling with us to keep your knowledge updated and stay ahead of your competition.
Most Trending and Trusted Programmes by UPSC Toppers :