Q.1) With reference to modern Indian history, consider the following statements:
- He was the founder of the Jamia Milia Islamia Institution in Delhi.
- He was posthumously awarded India’s highest civilian honour, the ‘Bharat Ratna’ in 1992.
- He presided over the special session of Congress in September 1923 and was said to be the youngest man elected as the President of the Congress.
- He advocated for the ending of separate electorates based on religion and called for a single nation committed to secularism.
Who among the following has been described above?
- Madan Mohan Malviya
- Lal Bahadur Shastri
- Maulana Abul Kalam Azad
- Muhammad Ali Jinnah
Q.2) With reference to The Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (CSIR), consider the following statements:
- CSIR is funded by the Ministry of Earth Sciences.
- Prime Minister of India (Ex-officio) act as ex-officio President.
- CSIR has established the first-ever ‘Traditional Knowledge Digital Library’ in the world.
Which of the statements given above are correct?
- 1 and 2 only
- 2 and 3 only
- 1 and 3 only
- 1 2 and 3
Q.3) Consider the following statements regarding House arrest:
- The Code of Criminal Procedure gives detailed grounds for house arrest.
- House arrested persons are always include restrictions on travel and meeting people, and may include electronic surveillance of the prisoner by means of a wearable tracking device.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
- 1 only
- 2 only
- Both 1 and 2
- Neither 1 nor 2
Comment the answers to the above questions in the comment section below!!
ANSWERS FOR ’12th November 2022 – Daily Practice MCQs’ will be updated along with tomorrow’s Daily Current Affairs.st